I love tilapia! It is such a versatile fish and can be prepared countless ways and is fairly inexpensive compared to other types of fish. I (Crystal) love food that is easy to prepare, cheap, and versatile. I don’t know about you but I get bored fixing the same stuff all the time. I love to find foods that can be made in so many different ways. Like tilapia!!!
For today’s Tasteful Tuesday I wanted to share with you this recipe I recently prepared for Mustard Apricot Glazed Tilapia. It was a hit with my family (which includes some pretty picky eaters.)
I had this jar of Apricot preserves that I bought before Christmas and used to make a yummy Apricot Jalepeno Cream Cheese Dip. I was trying to find some recipe to use this jar of preserves when the lightbulb went on! Tilapia!
So here’s the recipe….(this serves 4, but could be adjusted depending on how many you need to feed)
What You Will Need
- 4 Tablespoons Apricot Preserves
- 2 Tablespoons Spice Brown Mustard
- 4 Tilapia Fillets
How to Fix It
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Spray cooking spray on the foil so your fish doesn’t stick.
- Arrange fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix together the preserves and mustard. You may need to microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften the jelly so that it will mix together easier.
- Spread the preserve/mustard mixture over your fillets.
- Bake your fish for about 10-12 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
Here’s a picture of our meal. In addition to the Mustard Apricot Glazed Tilapia I prepared some sauteed vegetables that had been marinated in Italian dressing, rice, and a yeast roll.