Last week I worked 8 days straight. My refrigerator was getting empty but I had no time to go to the grocery and since I’ve banned my husband from grocery shopping (read why here) I had to get creative with some dinner recipes this week. In my freezer I found a pound of ground beef, 1/2 of a bag of frozen tater tots, along with some other odds and ends. I went foraging through the pantry and the fridge trying to piece together a dinner that my husband wouldn’t curl his nose at. Here’s what I came up with and called it Southwest Tater Tot Casserole.
1 pound ground beef
Bag of frozen tater tots
1 Can of Corn
1 Can of Rotel
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Medium Onion, Diced
1. Brown the ground beef and drain away the grease.
2. In the same skillet add the onion, corn, and Rotel and mix well.
4. Layer the tater tots on top of the meat mixture.
5. Top with a layer of shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy!