Christmas is over and gone with it are the sweet treats and large family dinners. Next week begins a new year and with it come New Years Resolutions. Whether we admit it or not we all make resolutions. Some of us call them “New Years resolutions” while others may just call them “goals”.
Are you setting goals for the upcoming year?
I have been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in the upcoming year. Here are my goals for 2014:
* Save at least $400 per month. Because of recent events in the last few months, our savings account really took a hit. My goal this year is to build that back up.
Health & Fitness
* Lose weight. Now, I could just leave it at that, like many people do. But when setting goals its important to set SMART Goals. These are goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time Specific. So rather than just saying I want to “lose weight”, my goal is that I want to lose at least 50 pounds by the end of 2014. That is around 4 pounds per month which is a realistic and healthy weight loss goal.
* Clean eating. This year I am focusing on eating healthier and eating “clean”. The Gracious Pantry has some great articles about clean eating if you are wondering if its something you could do.
* Start running and run a 5k during 2014. I will be using the C25k (Couch 2 5k) plan to start training.
* Take a vacation to the beach this year. Even if everyone else has to work and I have to go by myself I’m going to the beach. Me and my Kindle will get along just great if I did spend a week alone on the beach! Give me some good books, a cold drink, and I will be set!
* Visit some locations in KY that I have never been before. I have lived in the state of Kentucky basically my whole life but there are so many places that I’ve never been. I love history and this state is packed full of history. I would love to visit some of the Kentucky State Parks, maybe turn them into some camping trips with my husband. My husband wants to go on the Bourbon Trail so that’s on our list as well.
* Get pregnant. As I’ve shared before, my husband and I are ready for another child. We had a daughter who was stillborn in 2010 and we are at a point in our lives where we really want to try again for a baby. (Read my story here.) This year we are doing everything in our power to get pregnant. That goes back to my health goals. Eating healthy and making healthy choices like cutting out caffeine are important steps in helping your body get ready for a baby.
So what goals are you setting for 2014?