1. Rebates! Request two copies of your receipts. If you have more than one rebate for that receipt, send them both in! (not for the same rebate- different companies!)
2. Coupons- if I talk about this one more time it will be like beating a dead horse.
3. Percent off sales (Meijer has 5% off your total some weekends, with 15% off general merchandise.)
4. Apps like Ibotta and Reciept Hog- use these on top of things like mystery shopping. This weekend I did three different mystery shops and purchased the minimum amount. I had ibotta coupons for these items I purchased, making the mystery shops an even bigger money maker.
5. Loyalty cards- fuel points. Purchase gift cards when the stores are having deals like 4x fuel points. At my Kroger they do this deal twice a year, in summer and then two weeks prior to Christmas. It’s easy when you know you’re going to be shipping these places anyway. For example, when school starts a friend and I eat at Cracker Barrel after the kids are dropped off at school. I got a $25 gift card which would cover me four meals of breakfast there once school starts back. Beware of the visa and MasterCard you can buy there. They charge an activation fee! That would negate any fuel savings you might earn!
6. Shop clearance! And use coupons on the clearance items! You’d be surprised of what you can find. Stores are required to put things on clearance sometimes long before the “sell by” date, which is usually a couple months before the “use by” date.
Happy deal hunting!