Pumpkin Cake! It’s like a pumpkin roll in cake form! I love Pumpkin Rolls this time of year but I hate the time it takes to make one so I thought why not take the same elements and make it into a cake.
I used a bundt cake pan to make this cake but it could be made in a loaf pan or any other cake pan.
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Cup of Water
1 Can Pumpkin Puree
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
Filling & Icing
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
milk (about 1/4 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing with an electric mixer. If the icing is to thick, add milk, about 1 Tablespoon at a time, until the icing thins down. You don’t want it to thick, but you don’t want it really thin either.
4. Grease your cake pan. Like I said I used a bundt pan. Pour half of the cake mixture into the pan.
5. Spread about half of the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake batter.
6. Add the remaining cake batter.
7. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
9. When the cake has cooled completely, pour the remaining cream cheese mixture over the top of the cake.
Serve and enjoy!
Marvelous Monday’s Link Party at Call Me PMC.
Townsend House: What I am Eating