Am I crazy? No! There are people who live for this time of year. Stores are dedicated to Christmas ornaments and other decor. Walmart should be putting their Christmas trees out to buy pretty soon. If I prepare now, I won’t be freaking out during the most magical time of the year.
My first order of getting ready for Christmas is planning gifts.
1. Write down everyone you need to buy for and how much you plant to spend on each person. If you already started buying gifts, write what you got. Mark them out somehow so you know you’re DONE with that person.
2. Don’t know what to get? Ask someone close to them if they need anything they wouldn’t normally want to purchase themselves.
3. Breathe. You’re getting started early.
4. Need to buy little gifts in bulk? Try a site like Oriental Trading for classroom gifts.
5. Know someone like teachers or others you know you need to buy for but don’t know well? Go with a gift like Mary Kay Satin Hands, order from someone you know in direct sales. This will help them with their holiday shopping as well!
7. What should you get that guy in your life?
8. If short on cash, plan on beginning the conversations now about drawing names.
9. If you’re short on cash and want to change that now, apply for a second job or find ways to make cash. Advertise your services on websites like Fiverr, do mystery shops to earn cash, find ways to make money from what you do best!
10. I reiterate: make lists and use them! When you find a little something someone would like, pick it up for Christmas. Gifts don’t have to cost a lot, or be the biggest and best. Just so that people know you’ve thought about them.
Let’s start getting ready for Christmas now. We will get through this holiday season together!