Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
I originally had the Fitbit Charge, which has recently been revamped and a new Fitbit Charge 2 has been released that looks great! The new Charge 2 offers so many new features such as:
* Cardio Fitness Level
* Guided Breathing
* PurePulse Heart Rate
* All-Day Activity Tracking
* Auto Sleep Tracking & Silent Alarms
* Multi Sport Modes
* Smartphone Notifcations
* Connected GPS
And So Much More!
I currently have the Fitbit Alta and it’s been my favorite Fitbit product so far. It’s smaller than the Fitbit Charge and has a more feminine look than the Charge. The Alta is a smaller tracker than the Charge and I often forget that I even have it on. Some of my favorite features of the Fitbit Alta are:
* Smartphone notifications–I can see who is calling or texting (and even read text messages) without even picking up my phone.
* Reminders to move–This is one feature that I missed from the tracker that I had from the other popular brand. Now if I have not reached a certain number of steps in an hour my Alta will vibrate, alerting me to get up and get moving.
* All Day Activity--tracks steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, hourly activity and stationary time
* Sleep tracker and silent alarms–I have a medication that I need to take in the middle of the day but I always forget it. I started setting an alarm on my Fitbit Alta to remind me to take my medicine. When my Alta starts vibrating I know it’s time to take my medicine.
* Shower-proof–I don’t normally take a shower with my Fitbit on but it’s nice to know if I get caught in the rain I don’t have to worry about it malfunctioning!
So don’t hesitate! Whether you are shopping for yourself or for someone else (think great Christmas gifts!) you can never go wrong with a Fitbit activity tracker!