For some time now we have been trying to get pregnant. After two unsuccessful pregnancies which were “unplanned accidents”, now that I’m finally actually “trying” to get pregnant I’ve found that it’s not always an easy thing to accomplish. In my efforts to get pregnant I’ve been making some lifestyle changes, cutting out caffeine, etc., but so far we haven’t gotten a positive pregnancy test. So I’ve been doing some research on what foods promote fertility and I’ve found that there are several foods out there that benefit the reproductive system. Here are 20 foods that have been shown to benefit the male and female reproductive system and increase fertility.
20 Foods to Increase Fertility
1. Eggs–protein and good quality fats
2. Avocados–balance hormones in the female reproductive organs.
3. Figs–Great for boosting semen quality.
4. Green Tea–cleanses and increases fertility by benefiting female cervical mucous.
5. Beans–high in protein and essential vitamins and minerals, including zinc, iron and biotin.
6. Wild Salmon–full of omega 3 fatty acids, protein, B12, and iron
7. Yams–may stimulate ovulation, reduces neural tube defects, folate & vitamin A
8. Milk–One serving daily may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility.
9. Lean Protein (think chicken, fish, turkey)–two servings daily of this high iron food increases fertility
10. Pumpkin Seeds–Increases sperm count & testosterone
11. Citrus Fruits–Boosts sperm quality
12. Tomatoes–Boosts sperm quality
13. Berries–Boosts sperm quality
14. Carrots–Keeps sperm from getting sluggish
15. Apricots–Keeps sperm from getting sluggish
16. Leafy Greens–Great source of folate–decrease chance of neural tube defects
17. Oysters–regulates menstrual cycles, natures answer to Viagra!
18. Blueberries & Raspberries–Protects eggs and sperm from damage from aging
19. Brussel Sprouts–increases sperm count and helps line the uterus with nutrients making it prime for baby making
20. Garlic–stimulant for both male and female reproductive organs.