My husband came home from his aunt’s last week with a gallon bag of wild blackberries and a request for blackberry cobbler. I used the simple one cup recipe that I have posted previously for Peach Cobbler and Pineapple Cobbler.
You will need:
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
Blackberries (enough to cover the bottom of a 9×9 or 8×8 baking dish.)
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place butter in baking dish and place in oven to melt. This can be done while the oven is preheating.
3. In a small bowl mix together the milk, sugar and flour.
4. Once the butter is melted pour the blackberries in the pan, enough to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Pour the batter over the blackberries. I recommend placing the baking dish on a cookie sheet in case it overflows you won’t have a mess to clean up.
6. Place the dish in the oven for 45-60 minutes until golden on top.
7. Serve hot with a big scoop of ice cream and enjoy!