Recently we had a Cheddar’s restaurant open in our hometown. I finally was able to eat at Cheddar’s a couple of weeks ago after hearing lots of good things about the restaurant. Sitting down to look at the menu I was a little overwhelmed, everything sounded SO good! Finally I decided on the Dijon Chicken and Mushrooms and it was so delicious!
Dijon Chicken & Mushrooms
Ingredients for the Chicken
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Cup Spicy Brown Mustard
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt (you could also use mayonnaise for this)
1/4 cup Honey
Directions to Prepare Chicken
1. I lined a baking dish with foil for easy cleanup. Arrange the chicken in the dish and salt & pepper each side.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together mustard, yogurt, and honey. Pour over the chicken in the baking dish.
3. Place chicken in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.
4. Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Ingredients for Sauteed Mushrooms
1 package mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
olive oil, about 2 tablespons
1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
1. Pour olive oil in skillet, heat on medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic and mushrooms. Satuee until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
I served the chicken and mushrooms over a bed of rice. You could easily substitute other things in place of the rice such as various types of pasta, quinoa, etc.