Awhile back I found several packages of thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast in the markdown bin at the grocery. I love these because they are so versatile and cook up so fast and easy, so needless to say I bought all of the markdown packages they had and placed them in my freezer. These are great to use for “stuffed chicken” recipes and I have been playing around with several different combinations lately. This one I have called Brushetta Stuffed Chicken and it is only 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
1 package of thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (most of the packages I have bought come with around 6 slices in each package)
1 Cup Tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon basil (you could also use fresh basil but I didn’t have any so I used dried basil)
2 gloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Mozzarella String Cheese (the brand I use is only 2 points per stick and you will use 1/2 of a stick of string cheese for each piece of chicken. If you have 6 slices of chicken you will need 3 sticks of cheese.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking pan with foil for easier cleanup.
3. Mix together diced tomato, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Cut string cheese sticks in half.
5. Arrange chicken slices on baking pan.
6. Place one spoonful of tomato mixture in the middle of each slice of chicken.
7. Place 1/2 of each stick of string cheese on top of the tomato mixture on each piece of chicken. Fold chicken and secure with a toothpick.