Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
In my family a holiday meal is not complete without a 7 Layer Salad. This recipe is popular on many southern menus.
I’ve had several varieties of this salad. You can always change it up to add your favorite ingredients or leave out ones you don’t like. I’m not a fan of celery, I actually really detest it, so my version of 7 layer salad is always made without celery. But if you love celery, feel free to add it to your 7 layer salad! The Pioneer Woman has a great recipe for 7 Layer Salad.
1 head of lettuce, shredded
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bag frozen peas, thawed
5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 eggs, boiled
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 package Ranch dressing mix
2. Next layer, spread onions on top of the lettuce.
3. Next layer, chopped bell pepper.
4. Next layer, add the peas.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Spread mixture on top of the peas.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top of the mayonnaise mixture.
7. Slice boiled eggs and arrange on top of the cheese.
8. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
9. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now that I counted the layers, this is really an 8 layer salad! But you can always add or subtract ingredients to make it as many layers as you like!