1. Forget about subtraction. Try adding foods, healthy foods, to your diet instead of subtracting them. Just remember to keep an eye on your overall calories intake.
2. Lighten the foods you love. Why give up your favorite foods when you can switch to lower calories versions.
3. Drink a glass of water before each meal.
4. When eating out, share a meal with someone. Restaurant portions are huge nowadays, either share that meal or ask for a to-go box when your food comes and automatically put half of it in your take out box. Have it for lunch or dinner the next day!
5. Use smaller plates. A small portion served on a large plate leaves you feeling like you didn’t get enough. Switch to smaller plates and now that small portion doesn’t look so small.
6. Don’t eat in front of the TV. We are probably all guilty of this. I know my husband and I have been guilty of it. When you eat in front of the Tv you don’t pay attention to how much you are eating, thus you are more likely to over eat.
7. Cut out fast food. This one is so hard when you are a busy family on the go. Pack your lunch or keep healthy snacks on the car like nuts.
8. Everything in moderation. If you just have to have that hamburger, or ice cream, or candy bar, its ok to indulge occasionally. Just remember the key is moderation.
9. Learn to cook from scratch. The more you can control what goes in your food the healthier your meals will be.
10. Increase the amount of fiber that you eat. Not only does it help your health in places like your colon but it also fills you up and leaves you feeling fuller longer.
11. Enjoy your food. Eat slowly and consciously.
12. Don’t count calories after you eat them. Count them before they go in your mouth.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page. We’d love to connect with you over there.